Thorp / Thorpe Family Bible
This Bible contains information on the Thorp Family of Swavesey, Cambridgeshire and is not for sale. Presented to Ada Thorpe on her marriage to Edward Glass, at St Mary's Church, Woolwich on 30th January 1884.
The Self Interpreting Family Bible. Illustrated containing the Old and New Testaments by the Late Rev John Brown. Minister of the Gospel at Haddington.
Includes a life of Rev John Brown.
Printed by: John G Murdoch. 41 Castle Street, Holborn, London.
Undated. C. 1880.
Size: 33 x 26 x 10cm
- Inscription page
- Rhoda Thorpe born 13th February 1827
- Samuel Thorpe born 26th March 1822
- Edward Glass born 25th December 1851
- Ada Thorpe born 7th October 1862
- Children of Samuel & Rhoda Thorpe
- Frank Thorpe born 17th June 1857
- Jemima Thorpe born 26th Feb 1859
- Lizzie Thorpe born 30th Sept 1860
- Ada born 7th Oct 1862
- Louisa Thorpe born 14th Dec 1864
- Harry Thorpe born 16th Feb 1867
- Gertrude Thorpe born 31st July 1870
- Frank Thorpe married Emily Harriet Smith. 9th July 1883
- Edward Shearman married Jemima Thorpe 23rd April 1884
- Henry Kift married Lizzie Thorpe 16th Feb 1884
- Edward Glass married Sarah Ellen Curtis 16th Nov 1899 (2nd marriage)
- Edward Glass died Feb 20th 1912
- |Bertram Edward Glass died 10th Oct 1885 (aged I year)
- Willie Glass died May 12th 1890 (aged 2 days)
- Ada Glass died 30 Aug 1898
- Harold Gustav Glass died 30th July 1901
In London in possession of Susan Collins - a direct descendant of Edward and Ada Glass, who says:
I reckon that there are three more identical bibles out there somewhere. Four of Samuel Thorpe's children married within a year and I assume they recieved a similar gift. It would be fun if another turns up.
Use the contact button to get in touch with the owner.
Photographs can be made available.
The Hogarth family tree is on ancestry.com
© 2009-2017 BFB
First published: Tuesday the 11th of August, 2009