Rice Family Bible
Printed by: The tooled leather Bible is entitled "Vol 1" - "Gen -Sol" and was published on March 25th 1813 by White, Cochrane and Co.of Fleet Street London.
- HENRY RICE of Jermyn St in the Parish of St James Westminster, Solicitor
married Sept 5th 1816 by Lic at the Chapel of Pinner in the Parish of Harrow in the County of Middlesex
ANN WEALL eldest daughter of John Weall of Hatch End in the hamlet of Pinner in Middlesex.
- MARY RICE
- born August 12th 1817 (1/4 before 3-o-clock pm)
- Christened at home by The Rev W. Hughes one of the Officiating ministers of St James Church, on 5th Sept 1817 at No 7 Jermyn St
- Married August 24th 1838 to Philip Otley Egerton Bauils(?) at St George the Martyr
- Died 9th Dec 1870
- Buried at Brompton Cemetery
- SARAH ANN RICE
- born Feb 2nd 1819 -25 minutes before 9-o-clock am.
- Christened at home by Rev W. Hughes on 4th March 1819 at No 7 Jermyn St
- Died 11th March 1821
- buried at St James Church
- HENRY EDRIDGE RICE
- born Sept 17th 1820 -20 minutes before 9-o-clock am
- Christened at Hammersmith by Rev W. Leggett on Oct 26th 1820
- in pencil Died at Dover 1881
- very faint Married Margaret Dawes ?
- JAMES RICE
- born Dec 22nd 1822
- christened at home by Rev Dr. Maddy (?) at No 39 Jermyn St.
- pencil Died Sept 158th 1894
- Married Sarah---?---- unreadable
- WILLIAM RICE
- born 2nd Oct 1825
- Christened at home No 39 Jermyn St by a Minister of St James Church
- faint pencil ----- ----- 11th June 1859 at Colabb ? Bombay ??
- THOMAS RICE
- born 18th Feb 1827
- Christened at home 39 Jermyn St by Dr. Maddy
- Died 1st Dec 1859
- buried at Athlone in Ireland - A tablet to his Memory in the Church.
- in Pencil A Captain in H.M 36th Foot Herefordshire Regt.
- FRANCIS JOHN RICE
- born 28th April 1828
- christened at St James Church
- Died- Sept 1874
- Married- no Entry
- CHARLES PETER RICE
- born 10th Oct 1831 at 6-o-clock am Christened at St James Church.
- Died - no entry
- Final entry reads
- HENRY RICE of Jermyn St died 13th Dec 1844 -buried at St James Church Piccadilly
- Mrs ANN RICE his widow died 10th May 1860 -buried at Brompton Cemetery 16th May 1860.
Bible is in possession of Lynette Rice (contact details available) and is not for sale as it may yet turn out to be a part of her own family heritage.
- Pinner (Middlesex)
- Westminster (London)
- Hammersmith (London)
- Athlone, Ireland
Top of page
© 2007-2023 BFB
First published: 4th January 2007
Document URI: 188.8.131.52