Printed: G. E. Eyre & W. Spottiswoode, London: 1861.
Sold by Barritt and Co., Bible and Prayer-Book Warehouse, 173 Fleet Street.
Size: 9.5 cm. X 14.5 cm. 3.5 cm. (page size: 8.5 cm. X 14 cm.)
Cover in fair condition and still attached to spine. The end sheets have not separated from the cover, but the fly leaves have separated from the first and last leaves. Gilt-edge pages are in good condition and alignment. Pages are unnumbered.
- Joseph Cock his Book
- A present of Mrs. Wilks
No other entries or notations found in the bible.
- George William Cock
Borned January 9th) 1867
- James Cock Born October 13th 1868)
- Jane Cock Nov 8th 1870 Born)
- Martha Cock Born December 24) 1872
- James Cock Born Oct 13th 1868 entered twice
Inserted in the Bible are:
- A blue satin ribbon book marker (4.5 cm. X 8 cm.) at Exodus, Chapter 20,
- A quarter folded circular paper doily (diameter approx. 23 cm.) at Proverbs, Chapter 9
- A strip of paper (2.7 cm. X 9.4 cm.) inscribed "1 Corinthians 13, 1-7" at that passage.
The Bible was acquired in 1968 at a national chain department store in Memphis. It was sold from a lot of old books acquired in the United Kingdom to lure shoppers to the chain's book departments.
Currently located in Olive Branch, Mississippi, USA. in the possession of Aaron Hatch - contact details on request.
Top of page
© 2021 - 2022 BFB
Page's Author: Richard Torrens
First published: 18th of October, 2021
Document URI: bfb.torrens.org/Bibles/Cock.html
Last modified: 2022